Perhaps more than in any other genre, The rhythm section is the heart and soul of reggae. She harmoniously pushes the music forward, always with the characteristic, even beat of the drums in the foreground.
Reggae EZX takes the traditional methods of sounding and recording reggae drums and puts them in the powerful structure of the most intuitive instrument for producing drums to date – EZdrummer 2.
The Reggae EZX was recorded at the Rub-a-Dub studio in Stockholm, Sweden, and comes with a unique and genuine collection of instruments selected specifically for this session.
Everything was recorded using vintage gears and microphones, special mixing techniques of the genre and through the Soundcraft Series II console of the 1970s. All this combined with the studio’s dense, organic wood walls, its cramped space and thirty-year reggae history will give you unrivaled authenticity in the drums for root-oriented music. Rich, warm tones that fit easily into any track you’re working on.
• Customized Yamaha * Stage Custom and 1970s Premier * drums
• Two full kits (with alternative tuning / damping on two sets of toms)
• Traditional percussion pieces and hand drums
• Effect chain presets for a wide range of sounds and styles
• Includes a collection of reggae MIDI grooves