Our most popular product has become even more sophisticated! A chamber choir, consisting of 20 people, recorded with three microphone positions in Sofia Studio (in the same room where we recorded our Afflatus and Next Gen choral series).
Brand new recordings, ported to the powerful Syllabuilder engine, giving you the maximum possible control over syllables, morphing, creating new words and polyphonic true legato. Why Storm Choir?
It was inevitable that after the success of our Next Gen series of choirs (Wotan, Freyja, Arva, Rhodope 2), we had to update Storm Choir (our most popular choral library) to fit our other choral libraries and have the same features. Therefore, we rewrote everything, but this time with slightly larger ensembles – 10 singers per section (men / women) for syllables and 6 singers per section for legato.
Again, we remembered the same idea – to sing with an exaggerated vibrato, loudly and generally – very loudly. We rewrote all 24 Storm Choir 2 syllables in three dynamic layers controlled by the Modwheel mole wheel (CC # 1). THE PERFORMANCE PATCH – EPIC SOUNDING RESULTS WITHIN SECONDS! Something that outperformed the original Storm Choir was accessibility and getting epic-sounding choral strings in seconds.
For Storm Choir Ultimate, we took the original concept and expanded it with the Performance patch. This patch allows you to play your choral parts on the fly thanks to user-edited recordings to make them as reproducible as possible, while preserving their natural and unprocessed tone.
Choose between different displays of the man and woman section to further increase the convenience of the game and adapt the result to the needs of your track. We created this patch, so it allows you to choose between the performance of a choir pre-arranged in octaves, divided into separate sections or taking into account natural overlapping ranges.
Our Velocity Dynamic Influencer allows you to determine the volume of individual notes of chords by speed, making highlighting specific notes within a chord easier than ever, while Modwheel CC1 still controls the transition between natural dynamic layers. The combination of both significantly subtracts the expression that you can get from regular keyboard performance.
List of patches:
• Chamber choir of 20 parts (Syllabuilder patches), chamber choir of 12 parts (legato)
• Slavic tone Molto Vibrato, unsurpassed dynamics and performance
• Three microphone positions (Close, Decca and Hall) – recorded in Sofia Studio Sofia
• Samples of True Polyphonic Legato for women and men
• 24 different syllables are available through an intuitive phrase
• Recorded with a near-microphone microphone system (Coles x3 and Royer x2) for a “darker” sound, Neumann M150 for Decca tree, DPA4006 for wide outriggers
SYLLABUILDER ENGINE 3.5
• When it comes to virtual choirs, there are two main approaches: Phrasebulding (a legacy Storm Choir series) and Wordbuilding (a legacy Rhodope series). Storm Choir Ultimate combines the simplicity and example of phrase-building recording with advanced word-building editing features, as our Next Gen choral libraries do. This allows you to get amazing sound results in a few seconds, as well as create and create new samples of content with just a few clicks of the mouse (combine several syllables together, save them as presets, switch between vowels, combine staccato and support together, etc.)
• All samples have their own natural attacks. However, if you want to tighten them, the Syllabuilder Engine allows you to set individual attack, release, volume and offset values for each field independently. Something completely new and badly missed in all the libraries of the phraseology choir.
• You can also create full choral patterns in the graphical interface or combine different syllables and modify them to add movement to your choir arrangements. Save and load full lyric presets to quickly immerse yourself in a real song or improve your tuning with predefined quick words.
THE MOST FLUID POLYPHONIC TRUE LEGATO
As in our other libraries, Storm Choir Ultimate also has real legato patches that can be played polyphonically without problems and without complex additional requirements – you just play the music in your head and you don’t need to worry about anything else. In addition, our Syllabuilder engine has an Agile legato, which gives you the ability to cut off the initial consonants of syllables and execute them as legato, again polyphonic. Our smart voice prompts allow you to write polyphony in just one patch. In other words: hold the chord with your left hand, play the melody with your right hand, and all this will be connected with the legato transitions. This powerful feature is controlled by the most common of all MIDI controllers, the sustain pedal.
After we released Storm Choir 2, many of our users asked for key artists to be available as patches for soloists – that’s why we chose those who have the most unique tones and included them in the library – only 8 soloists with a limited number of syllables (12 instead of 24) that you can use on your own or as an “overlay” of a library – think of it as a “first chair” library for singers.
THUNDEROUS EFFECTS, WHISPERS AND SHOUTS
The library also has a special FX section, in which there is a whisper (in two speakers – soft whisper and “theater” whisper), screams, clusters (multiple dynamics, ranges and vowels) and traditional risers and falls. Whispers and screams are included in the Syllabuilder patch, which gives you the ability to switch between syllables, combine them and really quickly create new words, patterns and effects.
INCLUDES CHOIR MIDI FILES AND PRESETS FOR THE LORD OF THE RINGS THE PROPHECY MOCKUP
In the past, we were often asked if our choirs could create the Lord of the Rings soundtrack. As huge fans of the series, the original score inspired us to create choral libraries in the past, and the same goes for it. Therefore, we decided to include midi chorus files for the layout of the film “Prophecy” from the film “Brotherhood of the Ring”. Presets are included in the library download.