Soundiron Eko Panda transmits that signature nostalgic sound of the synthesizers of the beginning 70s, perfect for recreating your favorite old school leads and pads.
Panda 61 Piano is a vintage 61-key synthesizer created by Eko, an Italian electronics company, in the 1960s and early 70s. The Panda was supposedly sold as an electric piano, but the interior work and warm tones are consistent with the classic early monophonic synthesizer, with basic waveforms designed to approximate very closely the sound of an electronic piano, harpsichord, horns, strings and wind.
We captured 7 main voices, with endless sustain and hard staccato. We also created 20 custom effects presets and 40 unique sound patches, pads, drones, and atmospheres from the original source to provide you with a full range of creative possibilities, while preserving the essence of this modest sound pioneer.
We have provided a graphical interface with many excellent sound controls that allow you to flexibly distort the sound in various ways. You can control the levels of volume, attack, release, temporal displacement, vibrato and octave. The Glide control slider allows you to play with legato and portamento. You will also find an adaptable LFO system with a selectable LFO shape, target modulation parameter, speed, intensity, time synchronization.
You can also apply your choice of 13 low-pass, high-pass and FX filters, with assignable modulation control options, including speed, modulation wheel, expression, aftertouch, key position and step sequencer table management. You can also use our customizable arpeggiator with a built-in sequencer velocity table and control of direction, note time, shift, randomization and duration.
Eko Panda was recorded in the studio using a pair of Neumann TLM 103 large aperture microphones. We recorded his presets with sustain and staccato for each key. The included FX rack provides you with an easy-to-use interface that allows you to fully customize and shape your bold analog sound in accordance with many creative styles.
• 2 Main Instrument Presets with advanced performance controls, vibrato, glide speed, LFO, Filter, Arp and full FX rack.
• 20 Custom Sound-Designed FX and Ambient presets.
• Sustains, staccatos and sound-designed samples.
• Turn the Glide slider up for monophonic legato functionality, or turn it down to 0 for standard polyphonic mode.
• The Octave knob gradually adds a lower and higher octave doubling effect for more body and power.
• Convolution Reverb with 119 different cathedrals, churches, chambers, rooms, halls and special effect impulses.
• A full multi-effects rack, with EQ, filter, phaser, flanger, delay, distortion, amp & speaker simulation and more.
• 2 main powerful open-format Kontakt .nki instruments
• 20 Custom Sound-Designed FX and Ambient presets
• 1.19 GB Installed
• 894 Stereo Samples
• 24 bit / 48kHz Stereo uncompressed PCM wav audio
• Unlocked wav samples can be directly imported into almost any wav-compatible plugin or DAW.