Evolution Roundwound Bass is equipped vintage J-style electric bass featuring round-wrapped strings for a vibrant, defined tone that cuts through the mix.
We developed this library in collaboration with Rosewood Recording Company, one of Utah’s most respected recording studios. Guy Randle, the owner and recording engineer at Rosewood Recording Company, uses a variety of analog audio equipment for recording, including the Neotek analog console, tube preamps, vintage compressors, and other classic analog devices. While we provided a direct bass signal as is, we also included an amplified signal that adds punch to the attack of notes, and also increases the saturation and stability of the bass.
Bass samples were recorded by seasoned bassist Bill Cushenberry. Born in Burbank, California, Bill’s musical career began early and swept him around the world and in the USA. For many years, he was a stronghold at concerts and in the studio in the west, including in the bands Osmond Brothers, Donny and Marie. He plays a lot of basses, but this particular bass has been his personal favorite for over forty years.
Evolution Roundwound Bass is equipped with our Evolution guitar engine, which provides you with a variety of settings: a custom mapping system, tuning the tone and playability of the instrument, as well as a powerful set of effects. The library includes many factory presets ready to use classic and modern bass tones that fit right into the mix.
• Built-in effects engine for instantly-usable bass tones.
• Adjustable pick position using our proprietary physical modeling technology.
• Powerful mapping system that lets you set how you want to trigger articulations, using conditions such as velocity ranges, MIDI CCs, latching and non-latching keyswitches, and more.
• 21.9 GB (compressed to 9.9 GB using the lossless NCW audio format) of 24-bit samples.
• Articulations such as sustains, palm mutes, mutes, and natural harmonics in fingerstyle and picked playing styles as well as slapping, popping, and performance effects like string slaps, slides, and much more.
• MIDI articulations for instant octaves, grace notes, buzz trills, whole-step slides, whole-step hammer-ons, and slides (velocity-based and tempo-synced).
• Legato samples for slides, hammer-ons, and pull-offs.
• The articulations have 3 dynamics, 2 pick directions (when applicable), and 2x round-robin.