Kontakt is the standard in the world of samplers. Native Instruments Kontakt 5 provides a range of high quality filters ranging from classic analog circuits and variable state models to modern formatted filters. Some of the 37 new filters use the new Adaptive Resonance concept, which automatically controls the filter characteristics to prevent unpleasant audio artifacts from excessive resonance peaks. The fifth version of the sampler also adds TimeMachine Pro time scratching, which provides better sound quality for harmony solo instruments.
The effects section in Native Instruments Kontakt 5 has been expanded with several key additions that focus on studio-style audio processing. New algorithms Solid G-EQ and Solid Bus Comp, borrowed from the Solid Mix Series, allow for alignment and compression, and the optional Transient Designer has been integrated into the Kontakt effects section in its original form. In addition, the new analog Tape Saturator can add natural compression and subtle organic overdrive, and vintage sampling modes taken from the Native Instruments Maschine groove machine have been integrated into the Native Instruments Kontakt 5 feature set.
For sound designers and professional samplers, Native Instruments Kontakt 5 offers a new instrument bus system, and MIDI file support based on KSP. 16 internal stereo buses with their individual on-board slots provide increased routing flexibility, the Kontakt Script Processor’s MIDI file function allows you to create advanced instrument-based instrument types with versatile integrated MIDI playback functionality.
• FIXED Under certain conditions enabling multiple Kontakt instances at once in Vienna Ensemble could crash Kontakt
• FIXED Loading and unloading an NKI quickly could crash Kontakt
• FIXED Supercharger GT still appeared in the wrong place in some menus
• FIXED Collection of minor cosmetic GUI bugs and inconsistencies
• ADDED New factory KSP utility scripts Single Sample Drop and Group Selector
• ADDED Additional modulation shaper presets for filter keyboard tracking
• Creator Tools stays on version 1.2.0 and works with this version of Kontakt, too.