The most complete set of classic video game sound samples ever released. It features eight legendary systems from the 70s to the early 90s, unsurpassed accuracy and a powerful synthesizer engine that turns them into an unlimited variety of modern sounds. Now includes our standalone SNESVerb plugin (WIN & MAC x32 x64)!
Super Audio Cart accurately reproduces the sound of eight classic video game systems whose cultural heritage and influence went far beyond their commercial lifespan. When the library was conceived, we wanted to achieve superior authenticity by deeply sampling each sound chip. But over time, we expanded our vision to break down the limitations of the original systems and allow for the almost endless possibilities of sound design.
The final version of Super Audio Cart is the culmination of two years of intensive research, development and sound design. With over 5500 samples, carefully recorded, edited, and looped, we have carefully captured the capabilities of each game system. These sounds are uploaded to the Kontakt \ Player user engine, equipped with the most modern features, as well as over 1200 factory snapshots that inspire both retro music, chiptune, and modern genres.
To create this tool, each participant needed passion and deep interaction with both video games and their music. That’s why we collaborated with OverClocked ReMix, a gaming music website and community. For us, Super Audio Cart is an absolute tribute to this art form, and we know that it will find a place in your music for years to come!
• Four independent sound source layers
• Integrated sound source browser
• Over a dozen filter models
• 5 FX racks with 8 modules each
• Includes custom SNESVERB
• Poly arpeggiator, gate & sequencer
• 64-slot modulation matrix
• Full NKS compatibility: Komplete Kontrol & Maschine
• Compatible with the FREE Contact Player
• Eight legendary video game systems
• NES, FC, SNES, GB, 2600, C64, SMS, GEN
• Over 6,000 samples
• Over 630 unique sound sources
• All-new SNES ROM sample bank
• Classic GEN game instruments
• Meticulous editing to preserve authenticity
• Recorded using actual hardware
• Now includes FC VRC6, VRC7 + FDS chips
• Free standalone SNESVerb plugin (VST / AU)