Piano performed with cymbal hammers sampled with incredible detailing in the atmosphere of a modern concert hall.
Dulciano is a grand piano played with dulcimer hammers. This unique hybrid instrument reproduces a tone similar to a dulcimer or cymbal, but longer strings and a larger piano deck give the instrument a richer tone and longer sustain. The instrument also has a much wider range of playability than standard dulcimer or cymbals (A0 to E6).
As with all of our libraries, the goal of this tool was to make the game as easy as possible. We’ve captured a lot of velocity controlled dynamics. The highest velocities trigger short single shots, an articulation commonly used in cymbal music. Continuous continuous rolls are triggered by raising the mod wheel or by keyboard aftertouch
Dulciano was recorded in a modern concert hall (in the same hall as many of our other libraries) and includes three configurable microphone positions, giving you more flexibility in placing the instrument in your mix. The near mics are almost completely dry, thus providing an intimate studio sound when solo. Far mics have just the right amount of ambience for distant, surround sound without reverberation. The perspective slider below the mixer lets you easily navigate between the near and far mix. We’ve also included a built-in convolutional reverb that offers even more control over the amount of space in the mix.
• Grand piano performed with dulcimer hammers.
• 3 articulations: single notes, 1-shot rolls and sustained rolls – intuitively controlled by velocity and the mod wheel.
• Deep sampled – up to 12 round-robins.
• Recorded in a beautiful concert hall setting.
• 3 microphone positions, easily controlled with the ‘perspective’ slider.
• Simple and user-friendly interface – familiar layout if you’ve used other Fracture Sounds instruments.
• 5.5GB download size (NCW compressed from an 11GB sample pool).
• Requires the full version of Kontakt 5.3 or above.